Both this and the mysterycabal.com website have been compromised. I am working to clean up the damage now. but some functions may not be restored at this time.
As you may have noticed, I’ve finally updated the website for the first time in a few years. This is a major overhaul. I shifted to a blog-centric format, which will be much more adaptable in the long run. It also has allowed me to re-examine what I am doing with my site.The last design was really driven towards finding a job. Now I have a tenure-track position, so my emphasis really needs to shift back to highlighting the work I’m already doing.
I’m sure more changes will come, but this is a nice start.
1. We did the last SPMC event for awhile. We are most likely losing the O+T space, so I’ll be search for a new host after the new year.
2. Updated the text for the mystery cabal site.
3. Did a bunch of listens and note-taking on the solo guitar stuff. Debating titles. I hope to take care of the couple of edits this weekend.
4. I did some work for Mentormeter Media.
5. More apps.
Just an update
1. Website: I have redesigned the website and added a lot of audio. It is more oriented to the current job search.
2. Song & Dance recording: I finished the first pass of edits and did a bunch of work on mixes. I put a session in this week doing the second pass. I’m one session away.
3. The Lodge: I have been working on the control room at the Lodge (the Mystery Cabal Project Studio). I added some absorption and diffusion. I’m not done yet, but it is better than it was.
4. Applying for jobs. It’s that time of the year, so I’m applying for a lot of academic positions in composition and music tech.
5. My panel topic was accepted for the ISIM conference this year. It will be on building community amongst musicians.
6. Started work on the Wind ensemble version of Song & Dance. It is a nice back burner for when my ears burn out editing. I’ll hit it hard once I’m done with the recording.
7. I started outlining topics for a text for the basic music theory class. Not sure where I’ll go with it, but I wanted to sketch some ideas while they were fresh in my mind from teaching the chapters 1-2 of Kostka and Payne.
I have radically revamped the brandonvaccaromusic.com website.If you enter the blog from there, you can continue to listen to the media player while reading here.I also reoriented the site to my c.v. layout. An ongoing work in progress . . .