Just an update
1. Website: I have redesigned the website and added a lot of audio. It is more oriented to the current job search.
2. Song & Dance recording: I finished the first pass of edits and did a bunch of work on mixes. I put a session in this week doing the second pass. I’m one session away.
3. The Lodge: I have been working on the control room at the Lodge (the Mystery Cabal Project Studio). I added some absorption and diffusion. I’m not done yet, but it is better than it was.
4. Applying for jobs. It’s that time of the year, so I’m applying for a lot of academic positions in composition and music tech.
5. My panel topic was accepted for the ISIM conference this year. It will be on building community amongst musicians.
6. Started work on the Wind ensemble version of Song & Dance. It is a nice back burner for when my ears burn out editing. I’ll hit it hard once I’m done with the recording.
7. I started outlining topics for a text for the basic music theory class. Not sure where I’ll go with it, but I wanted to sketch some ideas while they were fresh in my mind from teaching the chapters 1-2 of Kostka and Payne.